Web Conferencing allows you to create a virtual meeting space where you can utilise some of the following features:
- Share documents and applications
- Poll Attendees
- Take control of attendee desktops with permission
What we provide
We provide the following Webex Service for employees:
- Thomson Reuters Webex General service for internal meetings and training
- Thomson Reuters Support tool for Client Support (for RSC, RMDS and PSG Departments)
- Thomson Reuters Remote Training for Client Training
Please use the BT Meetme service in conjunction with your Webex session.
How to use Webex
- Webex provides a real-time online conferencing service
- For audio conferences you should use BT MeetMe . Although the BT MeetMe & Webex Conferencing services are independent of each other, the two conferencing services can be used simultaneously – you use BT MeetMe for audio in a Webex conference
- Webex conferences should be no larger than 75 participants and no longer than 60 minutes – you may be charged if you host a conference call that exceeds these limits
- Should you require a larger conferencing facility, such as a Town Hall, please contact Nadeem Zafar for details. You need to do this two weeks before the event
- You can store recordings of your Webex for up to two weeks after the event. Please do not use the Webex recording as a data repository – it is important you delete old recordings to free up storage space for other Webex users
- If you need to keep a recording for longer you can save it to your local drive and convert to a Windows Player format. Please contact the Webex Support desk for assistance
Register for these services
Thomson Reuters Webex General Service
This service should be used by general staff and those wishing to undertake training of internal staff. Both the Training Center and Meeting Center products are available on this platform.
To register, visit the URL which is closest to your geographical location.
Click on the “HOST Log In” button on the right hand side of the screen. Request an account for the products you wish to register for.
When your application is approved your username and password will be emailed to you direct.
Thomson Reuters Support tool for Client Support
A bespoke Webex support tool used to streamline client support for Thomson Reuters products. Agents can access client desktops to reduce in the field visits as well as ensure both legal and security compliance. This tool is currently restricted and can only be used by the following approved groups;
- Reuters Support Centre (RSC)
If you fall in to one of these groups you can apply for an account by filling out an Access Request Form.
The URL access points for this service are as follows;
Thomson Reuters Remote Training
A bespoke Webex training tool used to train Thomson Reuters clients remotely on our premium & mid tier products. This service is in addition to the current face to face offering.
Client Trainers can share their screens with users and demonstrate features in an interactive environment. This allows more clients to participate in one session and also reduces travel bills.
This tool is currently restricted and can only be used by approved individuals in the following group:
- Thomson Reuters Client Training
If you are a member of Client Training, you can apply for an account directly from the relevant WebEx site:
Get me help
Training for any Webex product can be found at the following link. Please note that you will need your account registration details to register for training sessions. Please leave 24 hours after receiving your registration before trying to access training tools.
Please log any support calls via the ITEAM Service Desk.